What is smartbond?
Smartbond is Loreal’s bond strengthening system that has been specifically formulated to work with their colour products.This treatment is a two step process which allows us to protect your hair and prevent damage during any colour service at limelight.
How does smartbond work?
We add step 1 to your colour when mixing, then apply and develop as we normally would. Even though we are using a protection we can not extend the development time for our colours. We won’t push the hair more then it can handle, condition will always be number one priority. When we rinse the colour off we apply step 2, pre-shampoo, and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then we rinse and finish the shampoo process as normal.
Why you ask?
You are not obliged to use Smartbond when having a colour service with us but there are risks to not using it, which are:
- Damaging the hair by having repeat colouring or lightning services without it.
- Making the hair bonds weak/brittle and causing the hair to feel dry.
- Causing too much damage that the hair bonds are not able to be repaired (meaning you need to cut them off and start again).
However if used then you don’t need to worry about the problems above as Smartbond will:
- Strengthen and keep the hair bond in tact while targeting damaged parts of the hair to improve them.
- As hair will be in better condition it will improve the finish of your hair colour making it a more overall even colour.
- Help repair the weak bonds to reverse the feel of damaged hair.
Does it effect the colour?
No, as mentioned above Loreal have made sure it works with all their lighteners and colours and doesn’t affect the lift you get or the tones in the colour.
How much does it cost?
When using Smartbond in tint service’s we charge £10 and when using Smartbond in lightener service’s we charge £20.
Virgin hair but still want smart bond?
Look no further than our luxury Smartbond treatment! You can add this onto either a cut or blow-dry service and it will be applied at the backwash in 2 steps leaving the hair feeling stronger, softer and shinier while helping repair any damaged or weaker hair bonds. We price this treatment at £25 so ask to have one added to your service when booking so you don’t miss out on the day 🙂
This should answer any questions you may have had about Smartbond but if you need to know anything else then ask in salon and we will be happy to answer any questions!
Information form this article was collected from L’Oréal Professional